REACH, a program within Wraparound Milwaukee, provides coordinated community-based supports and services to families of youth with complex emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs.
REACH utilizes the Wraparound process, which is a strength-based and individualized approach of service delivery that is based on families identifying what support they need to care for their child in their home and community.
REACH promotes family independence by acknowledging that families or caregivers know what is best for their youth and family. Families are provided with a Care Coordinator who partner with them to identify and coordinate personal, community, and professional supports to meet needs, teach skills, and to “wrap” those supports around the youth and family. A team of support offers targeted help that promotes healing and leads to hope for a better future as defined by the family.
- Youth and family voluntarily want the support and services
- Mental Health Diagnosis as defined by DSM-V
- Has been involved in mental health services and one or more service systems such as special education, child welfare, or juvenile justice
- At risk of out-of-home placement
- Eligible for Medicaid or the BadgerCare Program
- Youth must reside in Milwaukee County, along with their Medicaid eligibility
- Experiencing mental health challenges for at least six (6) months and be expected to persist for a year or longer
Program benefits, in addition to Care Coordination, include:
Care Coordinators can connect families to Family Advocacy services for opportunities to link with other parents/caregivers who have had similar experiences.
Educational Advocacy 414-257-6799
The Special Education Advocacy (SEA) Group provides advocacy within the school system. The SEA Group can help families work with their youth’s school district to get needed services, as well as assisting in the Individualized Education Plan process.
Children’s Mobile Crisis 414-257-7621
Youth enrolled in the program and other youth in Milwaukee County who are experiencing a mental health or behavioral health crisis or at risk of psychiatric hospitalization can access the Children’s Mobile Crisis Team, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide crisis intervention services.
Youth and families enrolled in REACH have access to the Wraparound Provider Network. The Provider Network includes agencies who provide high quality youth and family-focused mental health care and other services.
For more information or to discuss enrollment options, call the
Resource & Referral Line at 414-257-7607