Older Youth Emerging into Adult Heroes Program (O-YEAH) provides coordinated community-based services and supports to youth and young adults with complex emotional, behavioral and mental health needs.
O-YEAH is a program for older youth and young adults that is designed to provide support in managing the stress of life, school, work, or family, and increase health and well-being in their transition to adulthood.
If you have barriers in finding or maintaining employment or housing, need support to reach your educational goals, are seeking emotional or mental health support, or could benefit from additional assistance in your transition to adulthood, O-YEAH can help.
O-YEAH supports youth and young adults who meet the following criteria:
- Between the ages of 16.5-23
- Voluntarily wants the support and services to live, work, learn, belong, heal, and be safe
- Resident of Milwaukee County
- Eligible for Medicaid or the BadgerCare Program
- Mental Health Diagnosis as defined by DSM-V
- Experiencing mental health challenges for at least six (6) months and be expected to persist for a year or longer
- Have been involved in two or more service systems such as mental health, special education, child welfare, or juvenile justice
A Transition Coordinator will work with you to develop a Futures Plan based on your individual vision for adulthood. Together you will explore your needs and strengths and identify what unique supports will help you achieve your hopes and dreams.
Upon enrollment in O-YEAH, you will be able to select from an array of services and providers to receive mental health and transitional services based on your needs.
Services may include:
- Individual & Family Therapy
- Medication Management
- Crisis Services
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Job Training / Placement
- Alternative Therapies and Wellness Benefits
- Certified Peer Specialist
For more information or to discuss enrollment options, please contact the
Resource & Referral Line at 414-257-7607